Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Second Chances

OMG, Chris Brown was awesome on "Dancing With The Stars" last night.  I've heard his music but have never seen him perform.  He is a very talented artist in my book.  I loved the show.  I'd pay to see him.  Now we all know his personal life was/is a mess.  Who knows what's tabloid and what's real.  He's definitely done some bad stuff.  He's about to be 22 years old.  That's all.  He's a baby.  Here's hoping he can turn his personal life around.

We all have people in our lives that make decisions that we don't get.  Maybe they are mistakes.  I come from a big family.  We've suffered through many bad decisions together.  A lot of times bad decisions affect everyone around us, but  the level of the effect is up to us.  The thing I've come to grips with (at my ripe old age of 48) is people's decisions are just that - people's decisions.  I can't change or dictate people's choices.  I don't want to engage in conversation about what could happen if a person makes a "perceived" bad decision.   I'm going to just let life play out.  It's not black or white to me; there's a lot of gray.  When people take a stand on their belief of another person's life decision there's usually a fork in the road with no turning back.  That's not always good.

My kids are teenagers.  I'm waiting for the bad decisions.  They will have to take responsibility for them and together we'll have to weather the storm.  I don't have to do that for anyone else except myself.  Thank goodness!!

I'm so proud of my daughter.  She made the decision to get active.  She also gave up meat for her Lenten sacrifice and is diligent about it.  She has the support of some great girlfriends.  She's happy she lost 2lbs; not that she needed to lose weight, but she is happy and comfortable because she feels good in her clothes and she feels good doing something positive for herself. 

I was doing so well with my choices until no one would  take the last bowl of "Double Strawberry" ice cream with (a few) shortbread cookies.  I just couldn't throw it away.  Luckily I get the chance to work it off today; join me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment