Thursday, March 17, 2011

I am Irish and Lucky

The Stylski's went to Ireland for Thanksgiving 2009.  One of my sisters joined us.  It was a beautiful place with friendly people, beautiful landscape and lots of interesting history.  I had just started being very conscious about what I was eating after a wardrobe debacle at a wedding in October, where I was forced to wear spanx with a dress that had previously not required undergarments.  Now that is motivation to start a diet plan.  I don't care what anyone says; undergarments are not comfortable and are serious gas producers.
 
So here we are in Ireland and the Stylski boys are in heaven.  Meat pie, potatoes,and more meat pie and potatoes.  They seemed to be able to eat meat morning (endless amounts available at the full Irish breakfast), noon and night.  Weird that Ireland is surrounded by water; not great selection of fresh fish available; when we found great fish it was very expensive; although it could have just been the season we were visiting.  I found that Ireland was similar to North Carolina in that their best fish dish was fried.  I ended up eating a lot of smoked salmon which filled my body with enough carcinogens to negate any health benefits by eating fish.  I didn't gain weight on a two week vacation that including drinking a lot of Guiness and Jamisons, so that was amazing; but we never stopped moving and as you know that helps.  Speaking of Guiness, my sister and I were shocked to find out that a pint of Guiness is only 126 calories for a 12 oz.; not bad at all.   We did also enjoy some delicious Irish coffee (with whipped cream of course)!
 
The point is being on a "Spring Training" plan is forever.  It doesn't go completely away on a vacation.  Being conscious of food decisions and exercise is a constant. 
 
--Five frogs are sitting on a log.  Four decide to jump off.  How many are left?  Answer: five. 
Why? Because there's a difference between deciding & doing.
 
This is supposedly and old Irish saying.  It says exactly what "Spring Training" is all about.  I'm jumping off the log; join me.
 
PS: Today is my 21st Wedding Anniversary; for that I am lucky and lucky to have had the opportunity to go to a beautiful country like Ireland with my beautiful family; what a great experience.
  Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 



1 comment: