Friday, March 25, 2011

House Party

I love hosting house parties.  I've definitely had my fair share; no one would dispute that....I have had Christmas Eve Open Houses for over 100 people, Thanksgivings, St. Patty's Day, Partylite (candles), "Back to School" (one of the most memorable neighborhood parties to date), Mary Kaye, Passion Parties (google it mom; I'm not going into a lot of detail on that one), Tupperware and on and on and on.  Always looking for a reason to celebrate life with friends and family is my motto.  I remember someone saying a while ago, "you'll burn yourself out eventually".   Burned out, no!  Slowed down, maybe....

Last night, I hosted a Partylite party, one of my current favorite vices.  I love candles.  They're sexy.  They create such a pretty ambiance.  They smell good.  I'd burn them all day if I could - sometimes I do.  I rallied late in the afternoon to make it a good party.  Yummy Black Bean Dip, Spicy Corn Dip,desserts and drinks were all served up.  I love the line, "just come, you don't have to buy anything?"  Does anyone really believe that?  Thanks for buying!  I enjoyed your company, the fun night and got a few free candles; hope that's okay.

In my past, I was once a Mary Kaye representative... pick your jaw off the ground and listen...very few get out of Texas unscathed in the Mary Kaye world of cosmetics.  I was young, working in TV advertising sales, went to a party and somehow was at the bank within the week getting the $1500 to start my business.   For me, this was an unsuccessful venture.  Why?  Well, Liz (my mom) took us very young to the cosmetic counter (Clinique for starters).  We are as a whole (sisters and mom included) cosmetic junkies.  When my mom walks into Nordstrom in the King of Prussia Mall; the ladies great her by name!   We're always looking for the new latest greatest product; there is no loyalty to one line.  I was doomed.  Everyone did enjoy Mary Kaye products for years to come as Christmas and Birthday presents.

Getting cleaned up and brainstorming my next party.  Join me...

No comments:

Post a Comment