Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Post Bachelor Blues

... or should I say food coma?  Bummer, my seat was the perfect one for unobstructed television viewing, but also smack dab in front of a huge array of snacks.  They were all healthy in their own right.  Let me review.  There was the "Healthy Garden Salad", posted this recipe on Facebook today; so good.  There was the homemade guacamole; delicious.  There was hummus and pita chips.  There were "Peanut Butter Jumbos", a seemingly healthy cookie; dark chocolate chips, peanut butter, oatmeal; all good for you ingrediants and bonus gluten free.  I made it through one hour and then I thought well let me just taste this healthy dip; yep; uh oh is right; I fell; I fell hard; let the eating begin.

And let me say my intentions were so good.  Don't go to the party hungry, I thought to myself all day.  I made the "Fall Off the Bone Baby Back Ribs" for dinner, but my daughter and I ate baked potatoes and spinach instead.  When the "Peanut Butter Jumbos" were hot out of the oven I had one.  That's when they are the best; hot, melting chocolate and peanut butter with a little crunch of the oatmeal....oh boy.  I purposefully thought to myself, I'm going to treat myself now and then just stay away later; good idea right? 

Well, like I said I think I was good until at least 9 maybe 9:15.  The problem was with all the stops and starts of the show, we didn't finish watching until almost midnight.  There was a lot of time to fill in there with eating.  Now I know why it's best just to go to bed early, but this was a special occasion; the finale.

Emily is a classy lady and I can understand her watching the show and now not feeling so special.  But has she not seen the show before?   He had to string someone else along until the end.  That's just the show.  They are not going to make it sorry to say for all you romantics out there; that's just my psychic sense. 

Lot's of exercise planned this week but probably not enough to cover last nights snacks.  The trick is to not continue today.  Just like Brad and Emily's romance blossomed and then died on The Bachelor last night, so did my party snacking for the week.  I totally just have to go to bed before I get hungry and it's too late....join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment