Saturday, March 5, 2011

About Me....

Thought this morning would be a good time to explain the "About Me" section of my blog. 

"I'm a little Beverly Hills Housewife"...   Well, I certainly have a nice house and I enjoy going out to lunch and shopping with my girlfriends.  I love designer jeans and putting on a gown for a good cause.  I'm not opposed to botox or really any form of plastic surgery (I think I've already mentioned I love fake boobs) is alright by me.  So on a very superficial level, you get the similarities.

..."meets Jersey Shore"; hence the disappearing blogger yesterday.  I love to have a good time.  Thursday night I was going out with a friend "for a drink" to catch up (she's recently reentered the work force).   After two Blueberry Martini's, (they were so good) we headed closer to home for a nightcap (no, I was not driving).  Anyway, quickly made some new friends at the bar (I'm totally bellied up at this point); somehow get on to conversation of shots; discuss mutual love of "jaegger" and bam 0-60 it's 2 am and I'm a few "jaeggers" in.  Needless to say, my 6a wake up alarm was rough, but survived it.  I still considered operating a road bike at 9a, but realized this would not be a safe plan.  My buddy brought me an Egg McMuffin, Hi C and yes, I ate hash browns too (don't tell me calorie count; I truly don't want know).   Now, this party girl doesn't show up often; but when she does she would make Snooki proud.

..."meets the Waltons"; now you have to be middle aged to even know who the Waltons were (it was a show about a family in the country that was on television in the 70's).  They ended every show with "night John Boy".  I grew up on a farm in Pennsylvania.  For a long time, my sisters and I would say goodnight with "night John Boy".  It's something that will be forever stuck in my head.  My family life then and now seems very "Waltonish" to me; pure, steady, and full of routines.

Anyway, as I guess you can tell, I'm a very passionate person and "moderate" is probably not a word I would use to describe myself.  I will tell you this...even though yesterday was a little rough; I don't have any regrets and I managed to go swimming at 3:30 so hopefully I didn't do too much damage with the McDonald's Hash Browns.  So today is a new day and I am doing a St Patty's race http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106423019436135&index=1 in downtown Raleigh.  I haven't done a organized run in a long time, but I'm excited.  It starts and stops at Ri Ra (Irish Pub); I'm pretty sure there's a beer in my future today; but it's Saturday, so what the heck; join me!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment