Tuesday, March 1, 2011

No Absolutes

I'm a morning person.  Once I stand up, I'm on the run.  I get up before 6am five mornings a week and I really don't mind.  The kids are gone by 7:15am.  The dish washer is unloaded, wash is started and beds are made early.  So I have/had this exercise absolute; if it didn't get done before noon; it didn't happen.  Afternoons (before kids got home) were my total relaxation time.  It was a good plan.  I still prefer it, but it can't be an absolute. I've got to be a little flexible (not something I'm known for) when it comes to getting exercise in most days; sometimes mornings are just out.

Swimming started the change.  I have a swimming buddy that can go on their lunch hour.  It's took two afternoon swims to realize afternoon exercise was not impossible and it was fun.  Last week, I really tested myself; cleaned all morning and planned a run to the pool for a swim; then a run home.  I did it!  I'm sure I crashed early.

Regarding "Spring Training"; Red Carpet party/visit with sister means abstinence from partying did not kick off on Sunday night.  Somehow last night there was a delicious chilled chardonnay in my refrigerator that just seemed to go so well with the fish tacos; I couldn't resist.  I'm going to make myself get on the scale this morning; that should scare me into sobriety tonight; join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment