Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Choose To Dance

I celebrated my birthday with 3 of my sisters this weekend (one unfortunately had a business trip and couldn't make it).  We had a great time.  We always do.  It's a choice we make.  It's a choice anyone can make at anytime.

We ate, we drank, we laughed, we danced.  I did go for a long run with one of my sisters (the only part of the weekend that I can say was anything close to "Spring Training").  It was a beautiful run.  The sun was on our face and the wind was in our hair.  Cliche I know, but true.  For my sister and I this was a very special part of the weekend because it made us feel good (productive) and happy to be together sharing a beautiful day free of any responsibility.   Bonus, I got to see my mom on my birthday in my favorite hot spot with my god daughter.  I organized my day so I arrived home just in time for my family to take me out to dinner.  I don't even want to know how many calories were consumed Sunday.  I have a lot of work to do this week.

Yesterday was a total rehab day for me.  You know the old joke, "Betty Ford called and they saved a room for you", may actually apply.  But I'm back in the saddle today and ready to live my real life.  I know I'm lucky.  But I've made choices to live the life I'm living.  There's been good days and bad days; that's just life.   I choose to not live in the past.  I choose to continue to light candles and dance with no regrets; join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment