Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Get Back on The Bus

This is what I'm telling myself this morning.  Get Back on The Bus, Get Back on The Bus!!  The healthy bus is calling me and I'm jumping on.  I almost wish that is was April 1 today, so I could get a completely new slate with a new month.  But it's Monday, the start of a new week and that is going to have to be good enough.

That paragraph was yesterday.  I'm sure I'm not alone that yesterday was one of those days that took a little more "mojo" to get going.  It was a classic cold, rainy, Monday.  It took me until 4:15p to go for a run (the sun had come out), but I did it.  I lost my mojo somewhere over the weekend.  Life's "omnipresent downs" got me down a little.  It's not a big deal.  We all have something similar to a dog (who ate chicken wings) with uncontrollable diarrhea.  Everyone has a similar story; something that stops you from being your best upbeat self; a job you don't like, a nasty boss, a whiny spouse, a bratty kid, illness, traffic - but I truly don't want to get caught up in this stuff; I'm just acknowledging that we all have it and it's about moving forward and not getting caught up in it.

Some days you can pick dog diarrhea up and it just doesn't bother you the same as it did the day before.  I'm going to have one of those days as I get back on the bus and head to the gym; join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment