Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Eat This Not That"

Love the book, "Eat This Not That",  http://www.eatthisnotthatbook.com/uof/eatthisnotthatbook/2011ps/?keycode=147359  .  It's been laying around on my desk and kitchen counter and my daughter keeps picking it up and browsing through it, making comments which then leads to discussions about the book and healthy food choices. 

My mom originally turned me onto this book.  She travelled for work and this book is a handy reference for eating out and making smart choices.  It's really hard to eat out a lot and really know what you're eating.  The calorie posting that restaurants are starting to do is a real eye opener.  I was shocked at Panera the other day at some of the menu items calorie counts.  The calorie information was so helpful in making my own personal food choice that day.  I'm excited for all eateries to be on board with this plan.  It's hard to ignore black and white information when it's staring you in the face.

So "The #1 Worst Food In America" is the Cheesecake Factory Bistro Shrimp Pasta".  It has 2,727 calories, 78g of saturated fat, and 1,737 mg of sodium.  I would have considered falling for this entree; shrimp/pasta; I think you're initial thought would be that it's a relatively healthy option.  Wow,  good to know!!

Food, life, it's all about choices.  I'm going to make mine healthy ones today; join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment