Monday, March 14, 2011

My Love For Reality TV

The Bachelor Finale is on tonight and to say I'm a little excited is an understatement.   Here's the true reality; he may have found love and yep it's probably over already, but thanks to Brad Womack, I've had a few good girls nights out watching and laughing over the show and eating and drinking wine together with my girl friends and that is what reality television is to me; girl bonding; period.

Reality TV probably started for me with soaps like "All My Children" and "General Hospital" in college.  I mean who can forget Luke and Laura; what a love story!  Then there was the "Dallas" and "Dynasty" era.  I watched just for the fabulous fashion of Linda Evans and Joan Collins and envied the natural beauty of Heather Locklear (Sammy Jo).   We grew up with "Days of Our Lives" on in the afternoons and confession: I tape it everyday.  I don't necessarily watch it every day, but it's like a blankie; I'm happy to know that I could.  Yes, it's mindless and stupid and whatever other negative things you brainiacs want to say about it, but every once it a while it's nice to slip away from life's realities and fall into Salem for awhile.  I actually visited the set one time I was in California; I need to find those pictures of me in "Salem Place".

So research tells me Alex Michael was the first "Bachelor" and Trista Rehn was the first "Bachelorette".  That all seems so long ago.  Oh, to be in my 20's again.  My mom probably won't like this, but I would have loved to have been the Bachelorette.  I mean 25 hotties and me, travelling all over the world, all expenses paid.  They drink and eat sun up to sun down.  Then there's the fantasy suites; don't even get me started on that....I have a question; do those girls practice the running, jumping, throwing their legs around the hottie who then effortlessly catches them?   Listen that Chantal is no small girl; I'm thinking Brad picks Emily just so he doesn't have to keep bench pressing.

One of my buddy's has organized tonight's festivities.  I've hosted a few in my time.  Tonight our party digs are first rate; actually like a mini theatre; full of appetizers, desserts and endless bottles of wine.  Now, if I can just keep a lid on some of the ladies so we can finish watching by midnight; ah the beauty of tevo (and we can repeat the overnight date highlights over and over).

I know I'm too old to run and jump and have anyone catch me.  But part of my "Spring Training" mindset is pretending that should I have been the "Bachelorette"; my suitor could possible catch me; good short term goal?  Join me...

No comments:

Post a Comment