Friday, May 27, 2011

Staycation

Happy Memorial Day Weekend.  This is usually a camping weekend for the Stylski's.  Last year we went to the NC mountains, camped and ziplined.  Great fun; lots of work for me.  We had to take our tent down in the rain and have a few broken poles.  Still haven't ordered replacements.   Decided to stay home this long weekend.  Ahhhh, a "staycation".   I've been looking forward to it all week.

So my 3 teenagers and I will be at the same pool where I'm sure they will be avoiding me like the plague.  They can run, but they can't hide.  I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.  I love doing diving board acrobatics.  Since I've given up the keratin (hair straightening) process, I can totally indulge in embarrassing my children with acting like a child myself.  I might even try the cannonball where you see if you can splash the lifeguard. 

It's okay to let the inner child out every once in a while.  It makes you feel young and silly.  This weekend is definitely about enjoying life and setting aside a moment to appreciate those who lost their lives to ensure that we can live a beautiful one.  Thank you to all our veterans.  Join me in giving thanks and living life to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment