Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Nice Guys Do Finish First ...and Second

I'm not sure who's going to win tonight on American Idol's Grand Finale, but I do know this, I'm proud to say that I live in the same state as Scotty McCreary.  What a seemingly nice teenage boy!  And Lauren Alaina seems pretty stand up herself.  They both seem humble about their amazing singing talent and never talked back to the judges.  Hello, Randy Jackson, J Lo, and Steve Tyler!  Whether you like them or not they all have had very successful careers in the music business.  They should be revered as authorities. 

My boys thought Hayley was hot!  Hot maybe, but she definitely had some sass to her.  They had to bleep out some of her expletives at times.  I didn't like her attitude.  She wasn't humble.  She looked angry and sort of flippant if someone tried to give her criticism.  All in all, I found her a good example of what I don't like in some kids; their total lack of respect for adult authority. 

Let's talk Dancing With The Stars too!  Hines Ward won last night.  He seems like a stand up guy.  What a great dancer he turned out to be and so respectful at all times.  He took the competition seriously, was good at it and had a good time.  Seems like good role modeling to me.  Kirstie Alley came in second and Chelsea Kane came in third.  I think that got reversed, but doesn't really matter in the end.   They all worked hard and performed well.

I haven't got to watch my DVR'd Biggest Loser.  Can't wait.  What an amazing transformation that is ....what dedication and perseverance.  I find that show inspiring.  Three ladies lost 100 lbs. each.  They worked hard and it paid off.

This all brings me to "Spring Training".  What a roller coaster for me.  I'm doing really well with work outs right now and have given up cocktails completely (8 days straight).  I started journaling for real on Monday.  Journaling is amazing if you haven't tried it.  The first meal out of the gate, I found out that I was having 2x the calories I originally thought just buy reading the label.  I was going for the 2 packs of Irish Oatmeal on purpose because they were only 100 calories each.  Looked at the front of the container of the Almond milk and it said 90 calories per serving.  Assumed wrongly that meant 8 oz.  When I looked at the real label information it was only 4 oz.  Good example of how we don't realize calories we take it and checking portion sizes etc is always a good idea.  

"Spring Training" is about to turn into "Summer Training".  Hope you are putting your best foot forward.  In the words of Randy Jackson, American Idol judge, "I'm in it to win it"; join me!

PS:  I do think Lauren was a little better last night, but thought the judges kind of came out of the blue pushing her to win.  Scotty was better all season long.  That's just my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment