Thursday, May 19, 2011

Just Be Happy!

As you all probably know or may of guessed, I'm a stay at home mom.  This job has served me well.  I'm very lucky.  But do I think it was the right decision, the only decision, the best decision?...I wish I knew and there's a different answer for each of those questions.  The conflict between working moms and non working moms seems so silly to me.  It stems from jealousy and it goes both ways.  Why can't we just all get a long and figure out the best way to be happy and healthy for ourselves and our families.  The grass just always looks greener....

Ah, my working days....how I long for them now on a boring day.   And then, I hear the voice of the working girl, "boring day, I wish".  Yea, yea...and the fight goes on.  I'm trying different career ideas out.  I feel like it's so hard to be honest with how I feel about my life because anything I say will be considered whining.  I'm not whining.  I save that for body aches and muscle pulls.  I'm just introspective.  I'm thinking about what advice I want to give my daughter later in life.  As a see it today, this is my advice for her....keep your hand in something that you're passionate about and keep a positive attitude.  There's no right or wrong decision.  No decision has to be permanent (unless you don't use birth control and then...that's another blog for a different day).

So working ladies let me clue you in to what I'm green with envy about...you make money which gives you power, independence and a voice.  Wow, that is really personal for me to say, but it's really how I see it.  Anything else that I come up with I can shoot down myself.  Lot's of times, I'll have dreamt of lunches, meetings with professional people, fun work trips and then it gets shut down by "I work with idiots, I don't get a lunch,  nothing was accomplished in today's 3 hour meeting,"  and that ruins my image completely.  Again, it's about living in reality and not getting caught up in the fantasy of something. 

So yes, today I'm going to work out, go grocery shopping, make beds, do some wash, make dinner, love up my family and be freakin happy with what I have and not think about what I could/would/should have; join me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment