Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Me and my car

I'm not a good driver.  There -  they say the first step to acceptance and solution is to admit the problem.  It may be genetic though....

My daughter is in the process of getting her permit.  She's taken Driver's Education at school.  She studied for her Learner's Permit.  She wants to start practicing driving.  I think I want to throw up.  I know I can't be the one to help her.  I am very clear on my strengths and weaknesses.   I'm stalling her, but I know her driving is inevitable.  We spent 3 hours in DMV yesterday.  She failed her first attempt at the permit test.  I was giddy.  She was sad.  So goes the ying and yang of parent/teenager life.

I love my car and can't imagine a new one.  It was used when I got it.  It now has over 170,000.   I can't see buying a new car with no dings; especially with 3 teenagers.  Dings give my car character.  I never believed you are what you drive.  Maybe in my case I am.  Maybe we all are.  I've got a few dings.  They make us interesting.  It's rough having a back seat driver.  It's either a muzzle or I need to work on my driving skills and be a better driving role model for my future driver; join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment