Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Checking In

How is it going?  Have you made any positive changes in your "Spring Training" lifestyle?  How do you feel?  Your friends want to know.  Talk about it!  Saying aloud how you physically feel and what you are doing helps your thoughts crystalize and you gain other people's valuable perspective.   I really believe that.  Stay connected!!

I have really been trying to make some eating changes.  I read a bunch of books on healthy eating and exercise in the past week.  Love Jackie Warner's, "This Is Why You're Fat (And How To Get Thin Forever)".  I know I'm not fat, but this book has a lot of good information in it.  For now, I'm taking away that I need to have a cup of oatmeal, 2 eggs, a Whey Protein shake, 2 servings of fruit and lots of veggies everyday.  This is easy, simple and not expensive and as my tennis partner said yesterday, "if I ate all that I wouldn't need to eat anything else all day".  I think that is the point.  I definitely have noticed a huge difference in my appetite after a bowl of oatmeal.  I am satisfied and it last a long time.  The total epiphany for me is the great thing about serving healthy food is you don't have to worry so much about portion control.  Last night, I made the biggest salad from my produce box http://www.theproducebox.com/ .  It takes so much chewing to get through a big salad, it really is very satisfying!!

Took my 15 year old daughter and two friends to see Plain White T's last night at Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh.  She is not going to be pretty this morning since we didn't get home until midnight.  I wouldn't normally do a concert on a school night, but is was something that we both wanted to do together.  I figure there won't be a million of those opportunities with a teenager; so I siezed the moment.  Ahhhh "sieze the moment".  Don't you love that expression?  Let's sieze today; I'm starting my food journal (over for the 10th time); join me!!

1 comment:

  1. Starting over for me as well today- Goal for this week: take 5 min each day to reflect on me and not think about ANYTHING else :) and squeeze in 3- 30-min workouts for myself- (not work)

    ReplyDelete