Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Ladies Only"

I wish I had seen the sign "Ladies Only" yesterday at http://www.trianglesalon.com/ Chandni's Spa and Salon.  Now, I have been going there for a few years since a friend recommended trying "eyebrow threading".  Eyebrow threading is awesome!  I love it.  Eyebrow threading is only $7.  It doesn't last quite as long as waxing.  I don't think it's painful; it feels weird.  The good news, it doesn't pull your eye skin which can stretch over time and leave you with saggy eyelids; total bonus.  These ladies know what they are doing.  If you haven't tried it; grab a girlfriend and try it!

Well, let me say they also offer waxing services (not for eyebrows).  You know summer waxing needs....So, I had my 13 year old at the ENT Doctor yesterday for his snoring.  Turns out his tonsils are too big.  Sometime soon, he's going to have them out.  The Dr and I were laughing about how guys all snore eventually anyway and at least my son's future wife wouldn't be living in a fantasy world if he snored right off the bat.   So as previously discussed; teenager/parent relationships are all about a lot of ying and yang.  I say, "Nolan, I need to run a little errand and there's a bakery right next door you could get a cookie or something".   He has a little hissy and demands to know what I'm up to.  I acquiesce and tell him about hitting the pool this weekend and a little something I need  to take care of.  He thought it was great that I had given full disclosure.  Me, I'm not so sure.  Sure enough, he hung out in Chandni's with a funny little smirk on his face eating his scoop of ice cream (Mexican Bakery moved closer to DMV in Cary; fyi). 

I come out to reception area (using that phrase very loosely) post waxing.  There's a lady checking out that repeatedly asks the owner, "isn't there a "Ladies Only" sign somewhere here?"  Really!??  I have to say, I never noticed it; but sure enough big as life on the outside of the big picture window it reads loud and clear, "Ladies Only".  My 13 year old boys giggles.  He thought the whole thing was very enlightening.  Well, it's good to bond over life's little things right?  Okay, I won't do it again. 

The end purpose of this story is to say if you haven't tried "threading"; do it; very fun.  And if you are thinking about a bathing suit anytime soon; take a good look in the mirror first.  There's really nothing worse than someone who forgot to pay attention to that little summer beauty necessity (well, for them not necessarily for me).  I know all my young friends are saying, "I got laser hair removal".  Great for you.  If I was younger, I would to.  Join me on getting ready for summer; it's right around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment