Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Sunday Morning"

A long time ago, I used to find  the Sunday morning news show cathartic; the background rainbow; the voices; it all signalled the end of another week; a time for review.  Now reviewing the news of the week for me is a little overwhelming and if you listen/watch the news shows your take away could be that the world is basically coming to an end.  I'm not saying you don't need to know what's going on in the world; it's empowering to be informed; just don't lose yourself in it.  So for a few minutes, I'm going to review my week and hope to inspire myself and others with personal change and growth that is making me a better person and possibly inspiring others to do the same.

I got my gently used, (if you want to call 2 Ironman's gently used) road bike.  It's awesome!  Took it for tune up; needed tires; brake pads; should be ready early this week.  I'm going to go for regular pedals so I don't kill myself on first few trips out.  I'm totally getting a cute bike outfit; appropriate athletic fashion is definitely part of  the fun.  My last official bike ride was the "Hotter than Hell Hundred" in Wichita Falls, TX in 1992; so I may need a little practice; psyched!!

Mustered up the energy to do late night yoga with daughter and her friends; special times that I'll never forget.  Had some great runs; found new swim buddy; and debuted new doubles partnership.  Great active week!

One of my sisters is here this weekend ( I have 3 total).  I'm so lucky; trust me on this I know.  We've had a blast.  We suffered through my car breaking down yesterday together.  It was hilarious.  It stalled all over the way to Crabtree Mall (Raleigh) and back to Cary.  Somehow we got it to Pitstop (car repair) without a tow and can pick it up today at 12p.  We're hiking later today with the teenagers.  I want to share this beautiful day encouraging my daughter and her friends that there are fun things to do outside.  She's going to give me a lot of dirty looks that I'm totally going to ignore.

Enjoyed a delicious bottle of wine with sister and friends last night.  Totally rocked my jeans without feeling like I was breaking out of  the side seams.  All in all; it was a 5 Star week.  I love Mondays - join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment