Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spring Training

Well, in the past 2 years I have worked very hard to get in shape.  In the process, I lost almost 30 pds.  I think I got a little cocky lately and unfortunately a few of them (pounds) have landed back on my waste.  I'm not obsessed by what I weigh, but I am currently uncomfortable in my clothes (my husband told me I looked like Monica Seles in my tennis outfit yesterday); that's not good.  I swear it all started 3 weeks ago.  Took a week off from exercise; everyone always says "'oh, that's good, your body needs a break".  Really?  At almost 48 my body can't afford a break because it then took me a whole week not to feel sore just from moderate exercise (seriously, should walking to the mall box hurt?); it took me a whole week to feel really motivated again; and the food from the week where I didn't do anything had no where to go but on me. 

So I post recipes on Facebook everyday.  Why?  cause I actually love finding new recipes and think I have a knack for knowing which ones are good.  Source is everything when it comes to a recipe; trust me on that...Starting Monday, I am going to focus on family friendly recipes that moms can modify and make healthy.  I've been to Weight Watchers twice so I am a big believer in portion control and not deprivation.  To that end get ready to measure because when you do you'll realize that you're probably eating 2 cups of cereal and not the 1/2 cup recommended serving; although I can easily talk myself into more when it comes to Rice Krispies because seriously it takes a lot of them to make you feel like you ate anything.

1 comment:

  1. Puffed Wheat and Fiber One with splenda and NF milk - you can eat a TON!!!!

    ReplyDelete