Sunday, February 20, 2011

5-2; Voodoo

To tennis players; this is a curse; 5-2 Voodoo.  Technically, you should feel like you're sitting pretty at 5-2 in a tennis match; but more often than not those sets can become a challenge to close out.  I think you can use this analogy for weight loss and the curse of the third person that tells you you look great and you've lost weight.  Let the party begin you think; I'm thin; yea; bring on the holidays; I can eat anything; I'm thin; I mean she thinks so and she thinks so and jeez everyone thinks so....it's the third person to tell you you've lost weight curse theory.  This theory was crystallized on an early morning run years ago with a friend and she was so right....

I have secret ways to hide the fact that I've put on a few from myself and others; i.e. yoga pants (up or down in pounds,I do think my ass looks great in them; just sayin), exercise clothes, and any form of lounge wear worn early evening (because I want to eat dinner without feeling like I might break a seam in my jeans).

So if you want to keep yourself from overeating you've got to keep putting regular pants with zipper on everyday - no exceptions.  This is my golden rule  - starting tomorrow.  I squeezed myself into jeans last night; I can't wait for them to feel a little looser.  They weren't supposed to be skinny jeans; they were supposed to be straight legs which if you're a fashionista you know there is a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment