Thursday, February 24, 2011

Say Yes

When my alarm goes off during the week my initial thought is always, "hell no"; but once my feet hit the floor I'm happy to get going.  I am finding that as the day progresses the more things I say "yes" to the better the day turns out.  So in my effort to make every day a 5 Star day, I am really going to make an effort to initially think yes and say yes more often.

Yesterday was a really good example.  I said yes to playing tennis even though it was going to be cold.  I hate cold tennis and it can kind of hurt (cold ball hitting cold racket hurts your arm for you non tennis players out there).  But I said yes because sometimes I get too caught up in doing what I want to do solo and miss out on time with women who really play a positive role in my life.  Tennis girls mostly say yes as in "do you want to play tennis?"; stupid question, that would be "hell yes"!  Lots of good conversations led to what we were doing for the rest of the day.  I threw out there did anyone want to go swim later.  One consistent "yes" person said sure.  Bummer the pool was closed because the pump was broken we were informed by a friend and neighbor on the outside of the community center.  So our friend says, "I guess I'll just go for a ride".  I say, "that sounds awesome but I don't have a bike yet" (was working on it).   And then he says, " I have an extra you can have"; seriously; how did that just happen to me.  I've been dying to get a bike to start riding, another fun exercise thing I can say "yes" too; and here it is; in one life changing second.  Thank you again my friend and one of my Triathlon supporters.

Join me on making a conscious effort to say "yes" today; "yes" is so much more fun than "no"!

No comments:

Post a Comment