Thursday, April 28, 2011

Changing Habits

"Spring Training" has provided me with a lot of personal introspection regarding my fitness goals and eating habits.  I hope you have "joined me" in at least taking a look at how you're living and decisions we make on a daily basis on being active and making good food choices.

It's a struggle.  If you work, I know finding the time to be active must be difficult, but not impossible.  For me, it's about state of mind.  If I'm not active my state of mind goes down the toilet.  I need the endorphins.  Signing up for races is a great way to stay motivated.  I have my first Triathlon Saturday.  I'm excited for the challenge.  I signed up for a half marathon in Philadelphia in the fall.  What fun that will be in my home town with my family.  One of my boys is becoming a runner and he just may join me.  That's the start of something.  Being active with a teenager may just help keep them out of trouble (we'll see). 

Eating wise, I've definitely had my ups and downs.  I'm trying to change things up.  I've introduced Soy and Almond milk in my home.  Everyone likes it.  I'm shocked.  I do too.  They're delicious.  I've been making most meals with fish, chicken or just vegetarian.  Everyone likes it.  I'm shocked.   I do too.  I'm researching 5 small meals a day plans for myself.  I've always been proud to be a 3 meal a day (no snacking) girl.  I've really been trying since Monday to change that plan.  Yesterday, I felt like it really worked for me.  I never let myself get really hungry.  I made some healthy snack choices.  I didn't feel bloaty and tired.  I managed  to stay out of the cookie jar.  I'm not going to pretend I didn't have a cocktail, I did and it was delicious.

Lots of fun things planned in the next few months that I want to be physically ready for...we're definitely in the home stretch for bathing suit season.  It's never too late to make changes in life.  I'm having fun making healthy changes; join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment