Thursday, April 7, 2011

Honestly, I Want to Be Famous

I am not a poser.  What you see is what you get.  Yes, I have always had dreams of being famous.  If you can be famous for a good ass (hello Kim Kardashian), surely, I have a chance.  I'm optimistic, I'll come up with something.  I started blogging because I love to entertain,  I have a lot of opinions and I like to write.  If I can make it 90 days, I can apply for sponsors.  I could possibly become famous.

In 1990, I got married.  We moved to Wichita Falls, Texas.  My husband was a podiatrist in the Air Force.  I sent a resume to every viable business in the directory that I got from the Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce.  I only heard from television and radio stations.  I felt unbelievably lucky.  I had dreams of being the next Barbara Walters.  When I interviewed with the NBC affiliate (and my favorite boss ever), I got the job.  When the Station Manager said, "where do you see yourself",  I said, "on television".  He said, "I see you in sales."  I said, "ok".  Best decision ever.   I loved television sales.   I was good at it.  "The best boss ever", loved sales people that needed to make money.  I needed to make money.  It was a marriage made in heaven.  What a fun and rewarding time of my life that was...

So here I am at a crossroads in my life.  There's a lot about being a mom that is very rewarding.  I know I'm very lucky to have lived the life I have lived so far.  I've got an itch to do something else.  I'm going to find it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy.  But there's something more for me out there....it's never too late to have a dream and try to fulfill it right?  Surely, everyone has a dream and we're never too old to go for it.   Join me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment