Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Clean Living"

We really are a product of our environment.  If I surround myself with "Cooking Light" or "Clean Eating" magazine instead of Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, or Paula Deen,  healthy eating is in my face easy.

This just dawned on me.  My family ate butternut squash, spinach, edamames, cannelloni beans, turnip greens and kale this week.  No one complained.  Am I lucky; sure.  But they are lucky too.  They will be a product of the environment I created; most days healthy.   My kids eat lots of fruit.  I'm not always a fan.  Primarily because I'm a little leery about getting excited about biting into a piece of fruit and having it not be as good as I expected.  Lately, fruit has been great.  I don't know if it's where I'm buying it (Super Walmart) but it has been better than usual.  My girlfriend and I are wondering if Super Walmart's fruit and veggies may be better than the grocery store because they're turning over faster.  Eating fruit for me really does help with my sweet tooth (to some extent; let's not get crazy), curbs my appetite and gives me energy.  I'm so excited to have rediscovered fruit as part of my "Spring Training" healthy eating diet.

This weekend is a spring beauty, a gift.  I'm going to get out there and enjoy it; join me!

PS: I ran 10 miles yesterday, so yes I indulged in a brownie with Goodberry's Ice Cream on top.  I deserved it and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment