Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hershey Park Happy

Amusement Parks are a very interesting slice of Americana.   We went to Hershey Park this past Saturday.  Lots of fun had by all.  It is very clean.  There is a wide array of rides which is great for a group with a ride range of ages.  Small world; we actually ran into friends, another family from Cary on a roller coaster line. 

I knew eating healthy was going to be a challenge.  Not necessarily because there wasn't anything healthy to choice from but because I love junk food.  Ahhhh, and it was so good.  Started off with a chicken panini.  Had good intentions at this point - 3 hours into the park; will power still in tact.  Then I glanced up at the sign for Homemade Kettle Chips; are you kidding me?  Well, surely it couldn't hurt if we got a small bag to share with our group of 8.  That would have been valid thinking if Francine or I would have let anyone else get their hand in the bag; no chance.  I could feel my body swelling with the massive sodium intake.  The plan was to end the night with ice cream.  My favorite is a hot fudge sundae.  I mean if I'm in - I'm in.  Well, we were all kind of hungry so we had corn dogs first then the sundaes.  Yum and Yum. 

The good news is yesterday was a new day and I stopped the bad eating and continued on with my normal daily plan of eating healthy.   The trick for me is to not keep going in the downward spiral.  I did it.  Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment