Wednesday, September 28, 2011

When In Rome vs When In Cary

Well, the eagle has landed.  What do I mean?  Visualize this...a Halloween pumpkin with legs.  That is what I feel like today.

Ahhh, Italy - those were the days.  Only weeks ago, but it seems like forever.  Wine for lunch and why the heck not -  wine for dinner.  So delicious, relaxing and fun.  So hard to stop.  Keep in mind, I haven't stooped  to having wine for lunch (well, unless I was in good company - if you insist -  maybe).  This is the problem.  Wine and a skinny waste line do not go together = that sucks, but true.

So two weeks of overindulging has led to a eating/drinking downward spiral.  Is there any truth to the thought that once you stretch your stomach by over eating - think pizza, pasta, and bread at every meal that it is almost impossible to stop.  Feels like it.  I can do it.  Maybe I'm part bear preparing for a long winter of hibernation?   I think my underwear feels tight.  That is not a good feeling by the way.

The good news is it's almost sweater weather and what a good cover up a nice big sweater is.  I hear you saying, "but you exercise all the time and you cook healthy".  Bottom line here.  Too many calories are going in.  Period.  Has nothing to do with amount of exercise or eating healthy.  I'm just eating too much. 

So yes, the food and fun in Italy was beyond memorable but I need to stop the vacation mentality and get back to real life.  I really want to fit into my jeans and not feel like a Halloweeen pumpkin.  Back to food journaling; join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment