Monday, September 12, 2011

Italy - The Beginning

Finally, I have my pictures.  Daughter left camera battery charger in the wall at the hotel in Florence.  Our camera battery died in the ruins of Pompeii on our second week of vacation.  I had to order replacement battery charger from Amazon.  It was all a process.  I needed to be inspired by pictures for my stories.  This picture was the beginning.  My husband dropped us off at the airport.  We were dressed comfortably, but also ready to spend the day in Italy should we not be able to check into our room early.  It's so funny to think of now.  We really cared how we presented ourselves leaving.  Coming back totally another story.  I'm pretty sure we were in yoga pants and tshirts (and there's no picture documenting return).  My dad travels in a suit coat.  Always, no matter the temperature.  It's a family thing I guess.

I'll continue with Italy stories tomorrow.  Today, I need to get my long run in early.  Philly Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon is this coming Sunday.  I need to get one more long run in before.  Looks like I'm officially starting a work project (assisting one of my sisters) today.  She's expecting me at my desk ready to take her call at 9.  I need to be showered and dressed to feel professional by then - it's amazing how just dressing the part can help feel/be successful for the job/event.  It's all related somehow.

So if you're still thinking about running, playing tennis, trying yoga etc..  Maybe the first step is going out and getting a new outfit for the event.  That makes it sound more fun...and take a friend; it's more fun to shop with someone special - dress the part and get moving; join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment