Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ahhhh, The Right Spot

Life is so interesting and I am continuously musing at our ever changing needs and wants with change in age.  I had a recent revelation regarding the different stages in life.  Here it is... we at some point sought the "G" spot.  We laughed with our lover at trying to avoid the "wet spot".   In my newest stage of life, I desperataly throw my leg around at night in need of a "cold spot".  Those cold spots are so sweet and rewarding - I have no comment regarding the other.....

Attempting to avoid constant 5 pm trips into a bottle of Chardonnay, I have designated yoga as my new "Happy Hour".   Lots of great options in Cary and elsewhere, but if you haven't tried "hot" yoga try https://www.fireflyhotyogacary.com/ and if you are looking for some yoga with meditation, I love http://www.republicofyoga.com/ - to feel like a teenager add riding your bike there!

Teenagers continue to challenge me.   They act like my blog keeps them in check, because whatever they do I'm going to write it.  I love the recent answer to this question.  "When was the last time you were high?" Teenager, "the last time you caught me."  Now, that is quick thinking.  Thanks to a member of the family in the medical profession, we have a case of professional grade drug tests and a breathalyzer within arms reach.  Party on Garth - but be prepared to pee in the cup.  We added a driver recently.  He is currently shopping for cars determined to trade in the 1997 Honda Civic for a much cooler Jeep Cherokee.  I tried showing him pictures of my first car - a chartreuse Chevrolet Maverick.  He is not impressed.  Sad fact.  Remember all the senior awards for Best Smile, Class Clown, Most Likely to Succeed.  Well, at our High School there is an award for Coolest Car.  Nice that mommy and daddy can buy you cool, but news flash, cool doesn't buy you a personality or much else in my opinion. 

This summer, I have created my own bucket list.  I want to bike ride the entire American Tobacco Trail and the other is a naughty "Girls Night Out" where we discover a new "Hot Spot" - if you haven't ever gone - you should -   http://www.adameverdu.com/.  So fun with a bunch of ladies with dinner and drinks after.  Here's another list (a little more G rated) for our area - https://www.get-offline.com/raleigh/summer-bucket-list?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Click&utm_campaign=WeekendRecommendations&utm_term=6%2F26&utm_content=Durham

Join me in making this a great summer, full of challenges, change and finding the "Right Spot".

No comments:

Post a Comment