Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Mania

Oh "Christmas Mania", why did you come early this year?  and why haven't I grown out of you?  A girlfriend of mine identified my season of "Christmas Mania" about 10 years ago.  Usually around  the start of December, I suffer from insomnia and weirdly don't seem tired.  Come January, I will go into hibernation and it will take me a week of 10 hour nights and possibly some naps to recover.  I get you Mrs. Santa - I get you.

My hearts racing and I can't stop the excited feeling in my body.  I can't sleep and I happy to report I actually lose my appetite..  I can't stop making lists in my head.  I can't stop planning, decorating, shopping, .......thinking about what I'm going to eat, what I'm going to wear, what should my kids wear, should I give the mailman money, should I give the yard guys money, how much, do I really have to give the trash guys money?  should I wrap?  Oh wow, they wrap for free.  Should I stay or should I go.  When should we leave?  When should we come back?  Will my kids be happy?  Do I suck as Santa?  If you get something on sale, should you spend more $ or be happy for the deal? 

.....OMG....Stop the Madness.  I wish I could - I can't.  Maybe I don't want it to.  We all get geeked up about something.  Christmas for my family has always been a big deal.  It's a lot of pomp and circumstance and I love every second of it.  It's a celebration.  I want to get lost in the small moments of joy and never let go of them.  Join me in celebrating something.  Find something to celebrate.  Life should be a celebration.  Make it one. 

1 comment: