Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween/Results of Only Half Listening....

My boys decided a fun activity with their friends yesterday would be to carve pumpkins.  This is an activity that has tortured me for years.  This is why.  Carving with knives is dangerous.  We can never seem to find our cute pumpkin carving kit this time of year.  Out come the butcher knives.  I am not artistic.  It takes the strength of Godzilla sometimes to get through a pumpkin.  It is so freakin messy.  But fun is fun and you're only a kid once so of course I can't say no to what seems a reasonably constructive activity.

So off the boys go on bikes to buy pumpkins.   First pumpkin in process of getting cleaned out gets dropped.  Son finds picture of something you can still do with a cracked pumpkin.  I'm only half paying attention.  Boy that dropped pumpkin goes and gets another one.  Boys research again on computer more pumpkin carving ideas.  I say, "that one with the pumpkin throwing up seeds always makes me laugh".  Someone should have stopped me at this point.  The truth is I really did not realize that the pumpkin had partied too much and that is why he threw up the seeds.  Again, only half paying attention.

This is the problem with only half paying attention to what your 13 year old boys are doing.  See above picture.  Well, aren't they creative.  Happy Halloween and join me in listening a little better next time.  Maybe not the most appropriate door step for a house with just teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment